Thursday, January 14, 2010

Which is best for me: gel or silk nails?

i have allergic reactions when i get acrylic nails, and i like to have my pink %26amp; white all the time, but im tired of getting bumps, cracked skin, etc... from the acrylic.





if i get gel or silk will i get the same reactions?Which is best for me: gel or silk nails?
If you are allergic to the ingredients in acrylic nails, thenmost likely you will also be allergic to gel nails since they are made from essentially the same ingredients. Silks are a bit different in that they are cyanoacrylate based. But you still may have problems with those as well. The only way to tell for sure is to hbe tested by a dermatologist to find out which specific chemical you are allergic to. Only then will you be able to accurately answer this question. Until then, you don't know for sure what is causing the allergic reaction on yours nails.Which is best for me: gel or silk nails?
You are probably allergic to the glue which I believe is the same in all three. I would go natural for a while. It will be hard to get used to, but healthier (and cheaper!!) in the long run. Try rubbing vitamin E oil on your nails and cuticles to strenghen them.





I like this set from Honeybee Gardens. http://www.honeybeegardens.com/natural-c鈥?/a>





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment