Friday, January 15, 2010

Acrylic, Gel, and Silk Nails??

Okay, I want to get my nails done and I have only had the gel nails before. However I have found it next to impossible to get the gel nails off so the gel nails pretty much force me to keep getting my nails filled or have them look completely weird until my nails grow out.





My question is if the acrylic or silk nails are easier to take off? Also just the general differences between the three nails.Acrylic, Gel, and Silk Nails??
Here's a bit about the different types of nails:





Acrylic Nails





Acrylic nails are the strongest and last the longest of all the nail overlays. But, if Acrylic nails aren't done well, Acrylic nails can look thick and artificial. This type usually needs to be filled in every two to three weeks.





Gel Nails





Manicurists use a Mylar form to sculpt your nail, and then cure, or set, it under an UV light. Because of this process, gel nails may need to be filled in less often than acrylic nails, though fill-ins are still necessary, and a professional must remove the tips. Gel Acrylics are the quickest to apply.





Silk, Linen and Fiber Wraps





Wraps are pieces of silk, linen or fiberglass that have been cut to the desired shape and glued to the nail plate. This adds strength, and sometimes length, to the nail. Though done on natural nails, wraps are most commonly used to strengthen tips. Silk is the most natural-looking wrap and provides a lot of flexibility, but it is often too delicate for those with an active lifestyle. Linen is stronger, but it is not transparent and appears quite thick. Fiberglass is the best of both worlds, since it provides the natural look of silk and the strength of linen.





I like the look (besides natural nails of any length) of gel nails best. The idea is that eventually you will have your own natural nail with a gel overlay for strength and durability. I think the chemicals in the gel nails are a little better too.Acrylic, Gel, and Silk Nails??
The best are the pink and white nails, especially if you go to the tanning bed because they won't turn yellow. The only thing you can do if you don't want to get them refilled is buy acetone acrylic nail remover. You soak your nails in it and they get soft and will come off, or you can have the salon take them off but I am sure they will charge you to do that.
do not get acrylic the mess your nails up bad !!! they are not easy to get off my mom is a nail tech so i know , i would go for silk , its the most healthiest for your nails and they look uber real , but gel would my 2nd option but never!! acrylic
I stopped doing the gel/acrylic and silk nails (they're all the same to me)...and instead bought the Lee Press On french manicure nails. They glue on and last for about a week, and underneath my own nails grow and stay healthy. I pop them off and give my own nails a breather for a couple of days then back to the press ons. EVERYONE compliments me on my manicure, and assumes I have them ';done';.
WELL I USE THE ACRYLIC WITH GEL OVERLAY... IT MAKE UR NAIL LOOK MORE NATURAL... AND I ALWAYS TELL THE TECH TO MAKE THEM THIN ....AND IT'S EASY TO TAKE OFF... DON'T WASTE UR TIME WITH PRESS ON NAILS THEY FALL OFF TOO EASY..
acrylic nails are better lasting and easier to get off than any others. (nail polish remover works.)


silk nails are not easy to keep...(they crack off and are nasty looking, in MY opinion....they aren't as 'smooth' or natural looking as the others.)
acrylic is when they put a plastic one on top


and silk is just a peice of silk on top of your nails





and silk is the easiest to get off but it really only looks good if u have natural longish nails





and the plastic is kinda hard to get off but if u soak them in warm warter and/or hard on youtr nails then they'll come off
Try acrylic, they are easier to get off and last just as long.
silk or gel.. acrylic can tear up your nails if you dont have the right manicurist or you can't keep up with them your self





i do gel or silk on my clients for the same price as the regular acrylic.. because it is more healthy for the nails and i would rather keep a client coming back because i keep their nails healthy and not because they have to come back because their nails are messed up by the acrylic..

No comments:

Post a Comment