Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What is a China Silk Wrap in relation to manicures and nails?

I saw this at the salon today on a business card. I would've asked but it was hard to understand the tech.What is a China Silk Wrap in relation to manicures and nails?
Another popular alternative to acrylic or gel preparations are Fiberglass or Silk wraps. They are done by cutting pieces of actual fiberglass or silk fabric to fit on the surface of the nail or tip and then it is sealed down with a resin or glue. These are a possible alternative for those who are allergic to chemicals used in the acrylic or gel process.





I used to have them as they looked more natural than acrylics. I tried silk wraps but they weren't as durable as I wanted, so I ended up with fiberglass wraps and they were durable and looked totally natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment